How to use an Eye Ointment
1. Wash your hands thoroughly.
2. Remove the cap from the tube. Using your forefinger, gently pull your lower eyelid down to form a pouch (see Diagram 1).
3. Using your other hand, carefully squeeze a small ribbon (1/2”) of ointment into the pouch (see Diagram 2).
4. Making sure that the ointment remains within the eye, slowly close your eye without blinking (see Diagram 3). Keep your eye closed for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Place the cap on the tube and close it tightly.
6. Wash your hands again.
You may feel a slight burning sensation in the eye shortly after using some Eye Ointments. If this persists, or is very uncomfortable, contact our office.